Today’s post is a little different, as I’ve just received a Liebster award from the lovely Amanda Wolfe at funfiercemama.com. Many thanks to you, Amanda, for the nomination!
At first I had no idea what this meant, but I as I read the post it looked like a lot of fun as well as a way to make new blogging friends, so here goes…
First, this award comes with a few rules:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give 11 facts about yourself
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Questions from Fun Fierce Mama:
What’s your favorite part of blogging? Looking back on my published content, and the comments you lovely readers leave for me.
What is your favorite topic to read about on blogs? I love reading about arts and crafts and getting inspired by new ideas.
Favorite Vacation destination? Rarotonga, in the Pacific Islands. I went with my husband when we had just got married, and we went swimming in coral reefs, watched Island dancing, sipped cocktails on sunny beaches – it truly was Paradise!
If you could be anywhere right now where would you be? As above, but this time my kids would be there too. They’ve never been outside the UK as we just can’t afford it, but I always dream of taking them somewhere amazing.
What is something quirky about yourself? I was a Goth in my teenage years.
How many blogging awards have you received? This is my first one!
What is your 5 year plan? I’ve never really had 5 year plans before, because I never really found something I cared enough for (career-wise) to imagine it carrying on. But now I have 2 lovely daughters I have really found my calling in life, and think I would be happy just moving to somewhere with a little more space for them to run around (my 4 year old wants a treehouse!), find a job where I use some of my real interests (craft, kids, writing etc.) and still be there for my family, as well as trying a couple of new crafts myself (quilting, resin casting and metal clay all look very appealing).
Favorite food? Sushi. Especially the salmon ones. I went to Japan years ago and the food was simply amazing – delicious, and so well presented too. I would never tire of eating it.
What was your 1st job? Working as a shop assistant in Boots (UK chemists).
Who inspires you? My dad. I love how he lives life to the fullest and is always up for new adventures. He was a Hippy in the 1960s, a soldier in the Royal Horse Artillery, a businessman and IT trainer, a farmer in New Zealand, sailed a Dutch barge around Europe, now writes mods for computer games… and still always has time for me, and is the person I most love talking to!
Something most people don’t know about you? I used to play the clarinet in the school orchestra (but like most other things I learned at school, I’ve completely forgotten how to now!)
My Nominations are:
Ok, now 11 facts about Me…
- I’ve fed a chicken drumstick to a tiger
- At work, I love organising the social events but hate having to go to them
- I have a law degree from Oxford University (but have never landed a job where I’ve needed it)
- After University I spent a year volunteering in Glasgow with the Jesuit Volunteers
- I have a great uncle who was a racing driver (and won the Luxembourg Grand Prix)
- Before I had the kids, I used to make and sell handmade (kiln fused) glass jewellery
- I was named after the Ancient Roman “Julia the Elder”, whom my father was studying at university when he found out my mother was pregnant with me
- When I got married I made the cake, invitations, bouquet and table decorations myself
- My favourite dessert is pistachio ice cream
- My favourite artist is John William Waterhouse
- In my life before children I loved playing video games (now the toddler just chews on the controllers) and I still have a collection of Final Fantasy VII figurines…
My questions for the nominees are:
- What inspired you to start blogging?
- What makes you the happiest in life?
- What’s the most useful thing you learned at school?
- And the least useful?
- If you could swap lives with anyone in the world for a day, who would it be and why?
- What annoys you the most?
- What is the one thing you can’t live without?
- What do you feel the most proud of?
- What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever eaten?
- What’s your favourite place you’ve ever visited?
- What’s your favourite quote or motto?